Friday, September 25, 2009

Kanab, Utah. Part 1. - Day

Kanab is one of those traditional destinations we've been to at least 6 times...


I can't say there is much going on in Kanab other than it's a convenient stop before Zion National Park. Right down the street from the motel (the one we always stay at), is a pathetic tourist attraction that nobody seems to go to, except maybe to grab a beer. The place blasts creepy cowboy music that can be heard blocks away, to attract customers, but I think it has the same effect as "It's a Small World..." at Disneyland, and only succeeds in annoying you for days. As I understand it, Kanab boasts itself as "Little Hollywood" since it was the location for many old Westerns like Gunsmoke, and classic movies like Planet of the Apes. Anyway, this attraction accurately reflects Kanab as a quiet ghost town.

2 comments:

ASGOLDSKI said...

Sean-

Love the rearview mirror shot - can we get more of those please..... and also the double glasses are classic - I think there's an invention there waiting to happen - kinda like the opti-grab.

And since the Kanab entry didn't have space to comment - I will add one here - I think some background philosophizing by your dad (another audio track added to the video) would add a nice touch.

Love these things - keep'em coming or better yet put together a full length documentary.

Mr. Fattay
A K A Andrew

Anonymous said...

So, you spend time & effort to describe how Kanab basically isn't worth the time & effort to describe.

I learned more about you than I did about Kanab.